Economic Chamber of North – West Macedonia in partnership with Dauti Foundation is responsible for implementing the project ” Financial sustainability of NGOs through cooperation with the business sector” , funded by the European Union .
The project will be implemented in Skopje, Tetovo, Gostivar, Debar, Kicevo, Struga and Kumanovo.
Overall objective of the project is to contribute to sustainability of civil society in Macedonia through raised financial independence of NGOs.
Specific objective: Improvement of financial sustainability of NGOs through increased cooperation with the business sector.
The purpose of the project is to upgrade the financial sustainability of NGOs by:
Funding an informal platform of local NGOs, involved in income generation activities or cooperation with the business sector, with the view to develop their capacities to monilize additional funds for servicing the needs of their target groups(with focus on NGOs working with vulnerable groups).
Enhancing NGO –business sector cooperation, as a means for developing NGO capacity for fund raising and improvement of their advovacy and lobbying for enabling NGO- business sector environment.
Enabling easier fund raising from business and other sectors by offering practical solution of local NGOs ON acquisition of funds by adopting business sector principles and active cooperation with different legal entities.
Planned result of the implementation of this project are:
- Identified and strengthened capacity of NGOs for cooperation with the business sector
- Enhanced income generation of NGOs through business sector cooperation
- Promoted NGO-business sector cooperation in Macedonia
Target groups of the project are:
- 100 NGOs located in north –west Macedonia whcih will be informed on potential from NGOs-business cooperation;
- 40 local NGOs in Macedonia which are either active in basic cooperation with the business sector or are interested to advance income generation from the private sector.Priority will be given to NGOs located in the rural areas, working with vulnerable groups: youth, women, and socially and economically challenged groups;
- 50SMEs will be included as additional target group as counterparts to the selected NGOs.
- Identification of NGOs active in income generating activites;
- Development of 1 data base pf local NGOs active in income generating activites;
- Introduction of an informal platform of NGOs involved in income generating activities;
- Implementation of 4 trainings on income generation through cooperation with the business sector;
- Research of challenges for NGOs in cooperation with the business sector;
- Organization of 7 meetings with business sector on financial sustainability of NGOs;
- Development of manual for increasing cooperation of NGOs with business sector;
- Drafting 2 policy briefs on income generation of NGOs in cooperation with the business sector;
- Adoption of an NGO strategy for cooperation with the business sector;
- Design and launch on income generation web site for NGOs
- Production of a fund raising booklet for NGOs through business sector cooperation ;
- Organization of an NGO conference in cooperation with the business sector
Duration of the project is 18 months.